Welcome to the JLPT N5 study guide page!
The JLPT N5 is the first level of the Japanese Language Proficiency Test (JLPT).
To pass the JLPT N5, you need to be comfortable reading hiragana, katakana, as well as about 100 kanji. In addition, you should have a vocabulary of about 800 words.
We have every lesson you need to learn organized in the following lists:
- View complete JLPT N5 grammar list
- View complete JLPT N5 kanji list
- View complete JLPT N5 vocabulary list
For our supporters on Patreon, we have many extra bonus downloads, including study guides, ebooks, flashcards, etc.
- Printable N5 Grammar List (PDF)
- Printable N5 Grammar Flashcards (batch download)
- E-Book: N5 Grammar Master Complete Study Guide (PDF)
- Printable N5 Kanji List (PDF)
- Printable N5 Adjectives List (PDF).
JLPT N5 Grammar Master [e-book]
Complete Study Guide
This e-book includes every grammar point you need to know in order to pass the JLPT N5, with detailed usage notes and numerous example sentences.
Preview e-book here.
Full download available to supporters on Patreon.
N5 Grammar Flashcards
Full Batch Download
Supporters of JLPT Sensei on Patreon can download the batch .zip file, which includes:
- Print-ready PDF of square flashcards with cut-out guides (see preview)
- Full set of high quality .png image flashcards
- JLPT N5 Grammar 文法 square size (80 images)
- JLPT N5 Grammar 文法 rectangle size (80 images)