to put; to place
Learn Japanese vocabulary: 置く 【おく】(oku)
- to put; to place
- to leave (behind)
- to establish (an organization, a facility, a position, etc.); to set up
- to appoint (someone to a certain position); to hire; to employ
- to place (one’s trust, one’s faith, etc.); to bear (in mind, etc.)
- to put down a tool (e.g. a pen) hence stopping what one is doing with that tool
- to take in (boarders, etc.); to provide lodging in one’s house
- to separate spatially or temporally
- to do something in advance (Usually written using kana alone, after the -te form of a verb)
- to leave something in a certain state; to keep something in a certain state (Usually written using kana alone, after the -te form of a verb )
Type: Verb, Godan verb, Transitive verb
Level: JLPT N5 Vocabulary
置く - Example Sentences 例文
Each example sentence includes a Japanese furigana reading, the romaji reading, and the English translation.
Click the below red button to toggle off and and on all of the hints, and you can click on the buttons individually to show only the ones you want to see.
JLPT N5 Study Guide
JLPT N5 Grammar Master [e-book]
Complete Study Guide
This e-book includes every grammar point you need to know in order to pass the JLPT N5, with detailed usage notes and numerous example sentences.