to push; to press
Learn Japanese vocabulary: 押す 【おす】(osu)
- to push; to press
- to apply pressure from above; to press down
- to stamp (i.e. a passport); to apply a seal
- to affix (e.g. gold leaf)
- to press (someone for something); to urge; to compel; to influence
- to overwhelm; to overpower; to repress
- to push (events along); to advance (a plan)
- to do in spite of …; to do even though …; to force
- to make sure
Type: Verb, Godan verb, Transitive verb
Level: JLPT N5 Vocabulary
押す - Example Sentences 例文
Each example sentence includes a Japanese furigana reading, the romaji reading, and the English translation.
Click the below red button to toggle off and and on all of the hints, and you can click on the buttons individually to show only the ones you want to see.
JLPT N5 Study Guide
JLPT N5 Grammar Master [e-book]
Complete Study Guide
This e-book includes every grammar point you need to know in order to pass the JLPT N5, with detailed usage notes and numerous example sentences.