to pin down; to hold down; to press down
Learn Japanese vocabulary: 押さえる 【おさえる】(osaeru)
- to pin down; to hold down; to press down
- to cover (esp. a part of one’s body with one’s hand); to clutch (a body part in pain); to press (a body part)
- to get a hold of; to obtain; to seize; to catch; to arrest
- to grasp (a point); to comprehend
- to quell; to subdue; to suppress; to repress; to hold back; to check; to curb; to contain
Type: Verb, Ichidan verb, Transitive verb
Level: JLPT N2 Vocabulary
押さえる - Example Sentences 例文
Each example sentence includes a Japanese furigana reading, the romaji reading, and the English translation.
Click the below red button to toggle off and and on all of the hints, and you can click on the buttons individually to show only the ones you want to see.
JLPT N2 Study Guide
JLPT N2 Grammar Master [e-book]
Complete Study Guide
This e-book includes every grammar point you need to know in order to pass the JLPT N2, with detailed usage notes and numerous example sentences.
Pages: 417, lessons: 195