to pierce; to stab; to prick; to stick; to thrust; to sting
Learn Japanese vocabulary: 刺す 【さす】(sasu)
- to pierce; to stab; to prick; to stick; to thrust
- to sting; to bite
- to sew; to stitch; to embroider
- to pole (a boat)
- to catch (with a limed pole)
- to put (a runner) out; to pick off
Type: Verb, Godan verb, Transitive verb
Level: JLPT N2 Vocabulary
刺す - Example Sentences 例文
Each example sentence includes a Japanese furigana reading, the romaji reading, and the English translation.
Click the below red button to toggle off and and on all of the hints, and you can click on the buttons individually to show only the ones you want to see.
A mosquito bit me.
ka ni sasareta.
I was stung (bit) by a mosquito.
hari de yubi wo sashita.
I pricked my finger with a needle.
JLPT N2 Study Guide
JLPT N2 Grammar Master [e-book]
Complete Study Guide
This e-book includes every grammar point you need to know in order to pass the JLPT N2, with detailed usage notes and numerous example sentences.
Pages: 417, lessons: 195
N2 Grammar Flashcards
Full Batch Download
Download link includes:
- Print-ready PDF of square flashcards with cut-out guides (see preview)
- Full set of high quality .png image flashcards
- JLPT N2 Grammar 文法 square size (195 images)
- JLPT N2 Grammar 文法 rectangle size (195 images)